Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Moral victory?

You know, the Cavaliers were down nine after one period tonight against the Celtics, and they only lost by five. And for a short time, it looked like LeBron might be seriously hurt. But he came back, and he scored his 10,000th career point on a spectacular left-handed dunk. He's now the youngest player in NBA history to score 10,000 points. But the bottom line is, it goes under "L" in the standings.

I usually gush about LeBron on this blog, and I still believe he's the best player in the game today. But it seems like every time he stubs his toe or bumps his elbow, it looks like the worst injury in the world. He writhes on the ground and grimaces in pain. And then he gets up and finishes the game. I don't know if he's a drama queen or what, but it's getting a bit old. That said, I'm still enormously glad he's on my team, and I hope he stays on it.

Delonte West had his best game as a Cavalier so far (out of three, but still), with 20 points on 8-of-13 shooting. And he had a plus/minus of +6. He's a former Celtic, and had a good game against the Celtics earlier this year, while with the Sonics. Let's hope he can keep it going.

Mike Brown put on quite a show too -- getting thrown out of an NBA game for the first time, late in the third quarter. He didn't like a foul called against LeBron. I honestly wasn't watching the play, so I can't say whether he was right or wrong, but I've never seen him that animated.

I don't have much else to say about this game. When we fell behind in the first quarter, I decided to do some reading and didn't pay very close attention. What can I say? I'm human.

No comments: