Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hooray for Boobie!

For those who didn't watch last night's rookie game at the NBA's All-Star weekend, our own Daniel "Boobie" Gibson was phenomenal, scoring 33 points to lead the sophomores past the rookies, 136-109, and setting a new record for three-pointers made in that game, with 11. So he didn't score a single point that didn't come from beyond the arc, which is obviously pretty unlikely.

Boobie went 11-of-20 from beyond the arc; I'm guessing the 20 shots attempted must be a record as well, but being in San Francisco and not having gotten breakfast yet, I'm not going to take the time to research it. I'm sure my loyal readers will forgive me. I can't even seem to find a box score from last night's game. If anyone has found it, I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a link.

Boobie's in the three-point shootout tonight, and if he keeps shooting that way, he'll be hard to beat. If he does win it, it'll be on the birthday of another Cavalier who's won the three-point shootout. Happy 44th birthday, Mark Price, who won the shootout in back-to-back years, 1993 and 1994. That can serve as today's Today in Sports History, since I can't really find much else of any great import, and I'm hungry.

No comments: