Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Brady Quinn a homophobe?

Reportedly, Browns quarterback-of-the-future Brady Quinn was seen outside a gay bar in Columbus in the wee hours of New Year's Day, shouting insults and trying to provoke a fight. Ironically, I'm blogging about this from America's most gay-friendly city, San Francisco, but that's really neither here nor there; I just thought I'd mention it.

What can we conclude about an alleged event, these six weeks later? Well, if the allegations are true, Brady Quinn is undoubtedly not the only homophobe in the NFL. But he'd be the only one stupid enough to stand outside a gay bar and call gay people names.

I have a hard time believing that this actually happened; my guess is that someone who looks a lot like Brady Quinn did it. But we all know how New Year's Eve can go, and I could believe that Quinn got rip-roaring drunk and lost control of himself. If he really did this, I sure hope he learns from it.

UPDATE: As has been pointed out to me by a commenter, the police arrived that night to find Quinn arguing with someone outside the bar. That makes my former last paragraph seem a little bit ridiculous; I admit I read the story a little bit too fast in an attempt to get out of my hotel and off to breakfast faster. Does that mean Brady Quinn is a closet homosexual? I don't think so, but the anonymous comment poster undoubtedly knows homosexuals better than I do. I don't really care if he's gay or not; he's an idiot if he hung around outside a gay bar to insult the people going in and coming out (no pun intended).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, of course he "did it", the police have already acknowledged that they found him there and that he left after they arrived.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

He's gay! Only totally closet gay people have the passion and problems that cause such behavior...I have seen it over and over again in my 25+ years of being out.

Steve Mullett said...

Thank you for setting me straight; I regret my error. I have updated my post accordingly.