Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shaq is in the house

The Cavs' two-a-day practices start today, and the great Shaquille O'Neal showed up yesterday, which made for a bit of a media circus. Shaq knows he's not the player he used to be, but he hopes to augment the already talented team led by the NBA's reigning MVP, LeBron James.

Taken from this morning's Plain Dealer:

"I'm 37 years old; it isn't my time anymore," O'Neal said. "I had my time, and I did what I did. I'm not one of those players that always thinks it is his time. It would not be advantageous for me to take 30 shots a game when you have a guy like [LeBron]. We'll get him the ball and let him do what he does, and when he drops it off to me, I'll do my job."
Shaq is going to help this team; I don't think anyone doubts that. The Cavaliers won 66 games last year. I'm darned excited about seeing what they do this year.

No comments: