Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Quarterback follies

I know this isn't exactly breaking news at this point, but I just moved over the weekend, so I've been busy. So sue me. (Actually, please don't. I don't want to pay a lawyer.) But anyway, Eric Mangini has declared that he has chosen a starting quarterback, but he won't tell us who it is. The idea is to make it that much more difficult for the Vikings to prepare for Sunday's game, because they have to allow for either Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson to be running the Browns' offense.

The thing we all have to understand is that football coaches are not like the rest of us. They are paranoid men, constantly afraid that the other coach is going to outsmart them. As well they should be; the other coach is doing the same.

I would guess we're going to see Quinn out there on Sunday, but both quarterbacks had good training camps, and really, there is no wrong choice, unless he puts someone like Brett Ratliff or D'Qwell Jackson behind center. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

5 comments:

lisa said...

You can't offer to let someone sue you...and than tell them not too...that's being a communist...

I have to admit, I didn't think not naming the starting quarterback as an offesive satrategy...I thought the coach was just being a jerk...but that theory makes more sense. Thank you for making me not hate the coach anymore.

lisa said...

I left out the "n" in offensive on purpose.

Steve Mullett said...

That's OK. You didn't offed me.

lisa said...

har, har

Jeff Brown said...

Steve, you do realize that it's not a requirement to hire a lawyer if you're sued, don't you?

You could represent yourself in any court of law, and just do a little wikipedia research before you go in order to be prepared.