Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day of reckoning for Buckeyes?

There's some reason for optimism as the eighth-ranked Buckeyes get ready for their big showdown tonight against USC. For example, Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor is a better bet to have a big game than Trojans freshman Matt Barkley. OSU is playing at home. And ... well, that's about all I can think of.

After last week's egg-laying against Navy, I'm afraid I don't have high hopes for the Buckeyes tonight. Sure, Ohio State won that game, and that's the most important thing, but it should have been a blowout. A performance like that won't get the job done against a team like the third-ranked Trojans. They'll have to win the turnover battle to have any shot. I'll watch the game, and I'll always have faith in Jim Tressel, until he gives me reason not to. But I predict the Buckeyes' national title hopes will be dashed tonight.

No comments: