Thursday, October 9, 2008

Great game to open NLCS

These days, I'm not usually up this late on a school night, but I'm starting to get LCS fever. That's pretty corny, isn't it? Whaddaya want, I've been up since 6, and I'll be up at 6 tomorrow too.

Anyway, tonight's game between the Dodgers and Phillies was a minor classic. Cole Hamels was shaky early, but settled in; Derek Lowe was lights-out early, but lost it in the sixth, when he gave up home runs to Chase Utley and Pat Burrell. Thanks to ESPN's Jayson Stark, I now know that before Lowe gave up those two home runs in the space of three hitters, he had only given up two home runs to his previous 287 hitters.

So the Phillies have taken the lead, but apparently because of the matchups involved, a Diamond Mind simulation still thinks the Dodgers are slight favorites. Whatever. Such projections are fun, but who remembers them after the games are played?

No comments: